Monday 25 May 2015

Tim Holtz Wallflower Memory Box

Hi there, I've just finished a couple of little projects. I'm calling them memory boxes. Although I've seen quite a few online, they're always empty, and as you may know, I think boxes should always have something in them
This one was made from an old recipe card box, painted black and covered with the Wallpaper collection from Tim Holtz. I've used a few metals from my stash and a couple of chipboard elements from Graphic 45 and Prima.
I used a couple of grungeboard hinge elements, heat embossed in gold, a leafy flourish (can't remember which die it was) embossed in green and some lovely brown lace with sequins and beads

There are a few blossoms and a couple of gardenias from Sweet Lilac Flowers, a handmade stick pin, a string of pearls looped and a piece of cheesecloth for the corner embellishment.
Inside it's quite crowded, but I think I've left a bit of room to add more stuff
There is a small twine bound notebook with a chipboard cover, a couple of pockets made from the designer paper, some file folders made from manilla, and a little batch of envelopes, made on my envelope punch board using designer paper
I also included an empty box. This was an idea I got from my niece Chloe who said she had kept her husband Rich's tie from their wedding. Got me thinking that maybe another box might be good idea inside a memory box.

Well, thank you for popping in and looking 



No comments:

Post a Comment